Monday, February 8, 2010

the details

Are never the same. the details. They say god is in the details, but I say the devil lives in the obsessiveness. The broken angles of dreams stay away. We want to fly like eagles, but we're swimming with sharks. We've always had that special bond and it will always be that way with my baboon heart from the monkey king. Let's say we were holding hands on a continent far far away. Let's dream of nights when you and I were drunk on whiskey and running towards the sun. Let me tell you that when my friend was dying you made everything okay. I'm not sure about this magical quality of you, but I attribute it to youth and being forever young. I remember the time you got a last minute ticket and met me at the show. That was the best feeling and probably one of the best perfect nights I've had. Sometimes I think about what it would be like if we lived in the same place, but it's probably better that we always keep it this ideal. Reality bites and it never feels the same. Let's hop, let's skip, let's jump rope to the silent beats of everyday life. Let's just lie here and think about how things are, how they could be, and the changes we can make. Someday I'd like to hold your hand and watch the sunset pass over the mountains. It's in my mind, in my dreams, and the tiny distances that are covered by ants every day. It's a moon patrol and I'm constantly reminded by the beauty of your innocence. That's all I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment