Monday, May 10, 2010

NOLA

the deep south. the durty south. the smiles of unsolicited smiles. the steady beat of the horns echoing through the night. The real city that never sleeps, where everyone is drunk around 6 pm.
glowing night, dispatch cabs in the guttural sound of the bayou. It hovers like a drunken firefly of the past. The crisp sweet smell of fried chicken. A march of the saints that were probably devils. the insanity of the world swirls. the insanity of life is like a hurricane. The ever mounting love for a girl grows in my heart. one of these things I need to slow down. One of these things is making me think that maybe I should move to the south. Open up a store and let the moonshine flow.
The earth digs deep, it's black blood floods into the ocean, different species of birds rest in the caverns of moss growing in trees. we can be good, so why shouldn't be. We can live life, so why don't we? The coyote came into the yard and just sat there, looking at me. I tried to scare it away with a comedic swirling of arms and the fake bravery of man facing nature. The back of my neck stood up straight. The primordial soup tasted of mud. We can help eachother fight the vampires.
I'll bring my stake and you bring your good aim.

No comments:

Post a Comment